- Carrying out a preliminary investigation to identify areas for immediate improvement that would allow for service expansion.
- Undertaking diagnostic of the existing database, advising on and carrying out improvement works. This included making the database more intuitive for operators, allowing them to find important information more quickly when call-handling, and improving data collection for statistical purposes.
- Recommending the best software and hardware upgrades for the database.
- Designing and providing training for operators to ensure service users receive a consistent, high-quality response.
- Writing a new call handling procedure manual to comply with TSA (Telecare Services Association)code of practice.
- Training and offering continuing support to Telehealthcare service installers.
Hanover Scotland Housing Association
- Providing database analysis and product stock control.
- Carrying out installation work.
- Running promotional events with presentations to social workers, occupational therapists, council employees, social housing professionals and clinicians.
- Managing lone worker observation trials and roll-out.
- Involved in ASAP (Association of Social and Community Alarm Providers) then TSA (Telecare Services Association)
- Engaging in national development groups for Smart, Telecare, Telehealth and Telemedicine.
Scottish Borders Council
- Helping to develop Telehealthcare services across the region.
- Managing events to raise awareness of Telehealthcare. Speakers so far include: Dr Kevin Doughty, Prof Russell Wynne Jones, Dr Arlene Astell, Steve Bonner
- Producing suites of promotional and training materials.
- Creating data collection protocols.
- Providing awareness and training sessions.
- Acting as liaison between the Council, NHS Borders and local social housing providers.
- Providing expert advice on new-build developments and Telehealthcare provision.
- Identifying new opportunities for Telehealthcare services.