Argyll & Bute
- Travelling throughout Argyll and the islands of Coll, Mull, Tiree, Iona, Colonsay, Islay, Jura and Gigha helping to develop and promote Telecare through the Atlantic Islands Project, long before JITs funding arrived.
- Provided bespoke training and training materials to all levels of staff including one-to-one supported installations with new Installers, classroom training and telephone Installer help-line.
- Devised Argyll and Bute Installers handbook which became the 'bible' for Installers. The Handbook gave step by step instruction, guidance and advice for novice and experienced installers when installing new technology. The level of detail included what tools, spares, paperwork and batteries might be required, a trouble-shooting guide and quick-reference programming section accompanied by detailled images of technology marked up to identify location of fixings, batteries and serial numbers.
- Project manager for sleep apnoea research based at Royal Alexandria Hospital in Paisley, coordinating overnight teleobservation of 30 patients in their own homes.
- Project manager for COPD research based in Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh with the Acute Respiratory Assessment Service (ARAS). Co-ordinated monitoring of COPD patients in their own homes where telemedicine products allowed early discharge. Designed and provided training and database support to medical staff. Created an equipment delivery, return, cleaning, and maintenance regime to comply with medical device regulations.
- In both projects there was management of ‘store and send’ patient-operated telemedicine products to record and send alerts for: 3 lead ECG, respiration, NIBP, SPo2, temperature.
- Designed and provided Telemedicine training to Fold Housing Association and Northern Ireland Health Board
- Involved in original planning and design of call-handling protocols and policies.
- Created and co-wrote original training material for installers and practitioners.
- Undertook re-programming and replacement programme for nearly 1000 clients .
- Undertook field trials of new products.